Customs Exam Sites
H & M’s ongoing relationship with U.S. Customs & Border Protection (C.B.P.), Carriers and Customhouse Brokers gives us the competitive edge that is necessary to expedite your examination and accommodate shipment deadlines.
H & M International participates with CBP’s Automated Commercial Environment (ACE) insuring immediate notification of all CBP transactions including but not limited to “notification of examination” and release. When you list H & M as your preferred Examination Site with CBP, you are expediting the immediate pick up of your containers which have been designated for CBP inspections.
H & M has been a Customs & Border Protection designated Examination Site at our Kearny facility since 1994 and at the Newark Airport since 1989. Our staff has extensive experience and knowledge of CBP rules and regulations.
Checking the status of examinations can be done with ease by contacting our Customer Service Center at 732-510-2870, via email at email@example.com or checking our online availability feature at hmit.net where you can instantly track your shipments in real-time through our 9-Point examination process.
H&M provides Full Administrative Support:
- Secure all CBP-related charges at Ocean terminals
- EDI / Internet access for Data Transfer & Cargo Availability
- Protect your OBL and HBL Freight Release on-request
- Immediate notification of CBP Release
- Electronic Data processing
- Equipped with Advanced Cargo monitoring and Examination procedures
- Toll-free Customer Service Center (C.S.C.) for real-time status of exam cargo (7:00am – 5:00pm EST Monday – Friday)
H & M offers complete examination services for:
- A-TCET (both NII Scanning and Intensive Inspections)
- All commercial exams – MET / Trade
- Agriculture examinations as a secondary inspection
- Export Examinations
- Fish & Wildlife
- CPSC (Consumer Products Safety Commission)
- Warehouse & Management staff available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week to ensure immediate availability of cargo to all U.S. government examination teams
- Guaranteed next day delivery upon completion of examination.
CBP Exam Sites
- Merchandise designated for CBP examination is unloaded, opened and repacked after examination.
- H & M has operated the Newark CACEF since 1989 and the Seaport CES operation since 1994. H & M has extensive experience and knowledge of CBP rules and regulations.
NEWARK INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT CUSTOMS AIR CARGO EXAM FACILITY (CACEF)
- 10,000 square foot facility exclusively for CBP inspection operations
- Opens, reseals, and reloads international air cargo for CBP examination and release.
KEARNY NY/NJ SEAPORT CENTRAL EXAM SITE (CES)
- A 36-acre, 189,000 sq. ft. CES operation, the single largest dedicated CES Operation for CBP on the East Coast.
- Latest in Cargo handling and Electronic Data processing equipment.
- The only NY/NJ CES which maintains an independent dispatch operation & driver pool specifically for CBP operations
700 Belleville Turnpike
Kearny, NJ 07032
Phone: 732 510-2870
Contact: Richard Werkmeister
NEWARK LIBERTY INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
CARGO BUILDING 151-A
NEWARK, NJ 07114
Contact: Ellen Zaleski
Emergency call 24/7: 862-485-0438
Facility Code: F-108